The school does not discriminate in its employment, admission, instruction, or graduation policies on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnic origin nor does it recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering similar programs of study. The school requires that each student enrolling in the Cosmetology programs must:
- Be either a high school graduate or have a G.E.D. If home schooled; have a state-issued credential for secondary school completion.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Have a pre-admission information session and complete admission/interview form.
Upon official acceptance, the following documents are required:
- Submit a $40.00 application fee. (non-refundable)
- Copy of High School diploma/Official Transcript showing secondary school completion, or submit verification of G.E.D. completion and/or a state-issued credential of Home School completion. Should an enrolling student provide a foreign high school diploma, the institution will work with the student to obtain an English translation of the document along with confirmation that the education received is equivalent to a U.S. high school diploma. This documentation must come from an outside agency.
- Marriage license – if name is different from diploma/G.E.D.
- Copy of birth certificate.
- Copy of Social Security Card
- Photograph taken within the last 6 months.
- Driver’s License or State I.D.
- Entrance Test
- Confirmation of Entrance Counseling
- Signed Receipt of Detailed Catalog & Licensing Requirements
- Signed Receipt of Aid Authorization
- Signed Information Verification Form
- Signed Intuitional Student Information Record (ISIR)
- Verification of student loan and/or Plus (if dependent)
- Signed contract & by Parent/Guardian/Sponsor (if applicable)
TRANSFER STUDENTS ADMISSION POLICY
The school does not recruit students already attending or admitted to another school offering a similar program of study nor does the school discriminate on the basis of sex, age, race, color, religion, or ethnic origin in admitting students.
Students wishing to transfer to J. Michael Harrold Beauty Academy, Inc. must complete the admission and enrollment requirements. An official transcript must be submitted from the previous school(s). This transcript will be reviewed. The hours transferred will be determined after an instructor has evaluated the academics and comprehensive practical skills of the prospective student. All transfer hours are counted towards maximum time frame. An Instructor will also determine the amount of projects to be transferred. Upon this determination, the tuition will be accessed based on the current per hour rate Contract Agreements. Satisfactory Academic Progress evaluations are based on actual contracted hours at Harrold Beauty Academy. With regard to satisfactory academic progress, students’ transfer hours will be counted as both attempted and earned hours for the purpose of determining when the allowable maximum timeframe has been exhausted. The student may or may not be accepted.
Former students of J. Michael Harrold Beauty Academy, Inc., who have officially withdrawn or were terminated, may reapply for enrollment. It will be at the discretion of the Academy if the student is permitted re-entry.